Monday Mar 28, 2022
Can Sales Team Diversity Be a Competitive Weapon?
In this episode, Helen and Angela Cooper discuss strategies for fostering connection and having team members feel valued. Customers want to buy from diverse teams, yet over 80% of sales teams are not diverse according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. What are you doing to attract and retain diverse talent? Feeling connected and belonging are key ingredients in retaining talent. See below for the list of questions Angela uses to get to know the individuals on her team and what matters to them.
Angela's questions - getting to know her team.
- Give me a little background on yourself?
- Have you ever managed people (often they have in the past – good to know!)
- How long have you been at Microsoft?
- What level are you?
- What was your latest review like?
- How would you describe your role?
- What are the 3 key things you want to deliver this year?
- How long do you intend to remain on the team?
- Have you considered leaving this team since joining it?
- What do you think is your next step in your career?
- Do you have a personal/career development plan and what is in it?
- When are you expecting to be promoted next?
- Has your previous manager given you feedback on this expectation?
- What are you great at doing?
- Do you get to do this in your role?
- What are you not so great at/learning?
- Is this part of your job?
- What are you most proud of doing since joining Microsoft?
- What do you think we could change to improve the results we have?
- What would you like to change about your role in particular?
- For you personally - to fit?
- For the benefit of the business?
- Is there something you think you are great at that others don't seem to recognize?
- Is there something others recognize you for that you don't think you're great at or don’t enjoy?
- How do you like to be recognized?
- Quietly and privately
- Publicly and loudly
- What motivates you to succeed?
- Is there anything you want me to be aware of and feel comfortable sharing - medical conditions, disabilities, personal circumstances, or perhaps a need for me to be understanding/flexible with you about working hours, etc.?
Please listen to this episode, "Can Sales Team Diversity Be a Competitive Weapon?"
More about Angela:
Angela leads a team of 250 Customer success professionals. She grew up and started her career in the UK. Angela joined Microsoft 19 years ago as the first security seller. After working in the UK for 5 years, Angela moved to Microsoft’s headquarters and has held a variety of sales and corporate strategy roles including working on 9 acquisitions and building sales teams for all 3 clouds; Azure, Dynamics 365 and Microsoft 365.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.